Thursday, January 19, 2012

ASAHI...

Hello, and welcome!

This has been a long time coming, and there has been a lot of work done on my creator owned comic book MERCER thus far, and im happy to be able to share it with you over time with posts on this blog.

Though first I'd like to share with you the very beginning...where did the idea for MERCER come from??

The answer to that question is rather an unfulfilling one though; I dont know! haha.

To be honest, I remember sitting on the train on the way home from work stuck in my own creative mind. It was approximately 1 and a half years ago. I had been constantly thinking about another title I was working on with my brother, and when that started to lag I started thinking about new ideas and wrote them down into my iPhone 'Notes' app. I began by simply asking myself, if I could pick up any kind of book at the comic shop, what would I want to read? What kind of story would have me walking back every month? What would leave me talking about it?? And also, if it were adapted as a movie would I watch it?

Then I began actually watching it unfold in my mind like I was watching scenes from a movie. It definitely wasnt all entirely clear, but I saw specific scenes, the characters, and had the concept of the story down in that instant. Of course, it needed lots of work, but I knew what I wanted, and it felt right. The name also came to me on this train trip. I wanted something slick and fitting, and it was a name I had once heard and thought I'd use as a character one day (funny how that happens!). Thus MERCER was born.

So here is the beginning, or rise of the sun, and im hoping you'll take this journey with me, waiting for the day we get to see this comic on the stands of your local comic shop.

BEST

Daniel 'Picci8' Picciotto

No comments:

Post a Comment